Puncuation marks

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
The Sewing Room

Puncuation marks

Post by The Sewing Room » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 pm

This might have been answered, but I couldn't find it. I am writing a poem with small letters-1/2" but there are no punctuation marks in the alphabet. I have a separate 1/2" font of just punctuation marks, but I don't know how to put them in my poem. Do I do it as I am typing the poem or go back some how and put them in. If you have a video on this that would be helpful too. Thanks.

EastWitch2

Re: Puncuation marks

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:28 pm

The Sewing Room wrote:This might have been answered, but I couldn't find it. I am writing a poem with small letters-1/2" but there are no punctuation marks in the alphabet. I have a separate 1/2" font of just punctuation marks, but I don't know how to put them in my poem. Do I do it as I am typing the poem or go back some how and put them in. If you have a video on this that would be helpful too. Thanks.
Hi The Sewing Room!
Need more information!
Which software program are you working with, Essentials or Essentials and Alpha Tricks?
Is the Alphabet your working with a font that is built into the program or is it one you purchased in a bx file that you installed into the program, or one you purchased and you are having to import/merge the letters one by one into the working window of the program?
Or is it an alphabet that you mapped into the program using Alpha Tricks?

Did the punctuation you have come with a bx file for it so you could install it into the program?
Or could you map the punctuation by using Alpha Tricks?

EastWitch2

I

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:04 pm

I am using Essentials with Alpha Tricks. Both fonts and punctuation were from Rivermill and were in the bx format. I have the punctuation by itself in the Essentials program, so if I needed it for some other font I could find them. Sorry I never realized there were so many combinations that might make a difference. I try and buy everything in the bx format-it's just so easy to put into Essentials. Thanks. Joan-The Sewing Room

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:21 pm

The Sewing Room wrote:I am using Essentials with Alpha Tricks. Both fonts and punctuation were from Rivermill and were in the bx format. I have the punctuation by itself in the Essentials program, so if I needed it for some other font I could find them. Sorry I never realized there were so many combinations that might make a difference. I try and buy everything in the bx format-it's just so easy to put into Essentials. Thanks. Joan-The Sewing Room
Hi Joan!
This is my updated answer for you.
If I remember right Rivermills usually includes the bx file when you purchase a font in a stitch file format.
If the Punctuation you have from Rivermills came in a stitch file format too such as pes or hus etc. then why not map the punctuation into the Font that you want to use for the text of the Poem.

Pull up the 1/2 inch Font name in Alpha Tricks that you want to use for the text and then use the Add Designs tab and import the stitch files for the punctuation and map the punctuation manually and then save the Font again with the same name.
Then you could just type your text and punctuation as you make your Poem design.

There is a free set of Punctuation that you could download at Rivermills at the link below.
http://www.rivermillembroidery.com/FREE ... p_694.html

You could use one of the stitch file formats of it to import and map into the bx Font that you would use for the text of your poem as I mentioned above.
The punctuation is larger than what you want but you coud resize it in the working window when making your poem.

Otherwise I think you would have to make your text up to the point of where you need punctuation and then you would have to use the Create lettering Icon and do the punctuation using the font drop down box and select the punctuation name that it is in your list and type the punctuation that you need as a 2nd object of the design
Then you could move the punctuation to where you need it.
Then switch back to the Font that you would use for the rest of the text and continue on with your text which would be a 3rd object making up the poem design.

EastWitch2

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks for the help. I think I'll add it to the font. Just a period here and there and maybe a comma.