Deleting from the tree

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Kat

Deleting from the tree

Post by Kat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:00 am

I know there is a way to delete part of a design by the color it is. How do I get to the tree to do this? I do not see this process in the pdf. Kat

Kat

Re: Deleting from the tree

Post by Kat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:04 am

I just saw the little triangle which I clicked to open up the tree of parts of the design. Sorry for the question, but maybe this post will help another person. Kat

LindaV

Post by LindaV » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:33 pm

if i delete a portion of design this way it will remove all the green leaves for example and what if I just want to remove one leave? Can I do this? I like to cut off parts of a design or size part of a design and wonder if this is possible. I am fairly new to this and used Designers Gallery software to start. I have a macbook and purchased EE to finally be able to work in my mac. I just can't see any feature that will do what I want. In my old software there is a little lasso icon that circles any portion of the design and you can delete it. Any info appreciated.

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm hoping that more editing features will be coming soon to Essentials. For now -- though a little clunky, you can delete a portion of an object using the stitch simulator. Run the simulator and step through the color that corresponds to the object that you want to eliminate part of. When you get to the point where you want to split, click the stop button. That will bring up the thread color dialog box. Just click some different color (preferably not one already used in your design) and a new object will be created. Keep doing this until you have split the original object into enough pieces so that you can delete (in the tree) the ones you do no want. You may have to repeat some of the process in order to get all jump stitches deleted.
Hope this helps,
Betty

Grannieannie

Post by Grannieannie » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Gosh Thank you sew much for your time on this subject. I tried it and it works. Just love this software. Lot of ideas for Christmas, that I couldn't do last year. Grannieannie