Changing the stitch type or style of a purchased design

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
bcwf

Changing the stitch type or style of a purchased design

Post by bcwf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:17 am

I purchased the Embrilliance Essentials software with the hope of being able to change some of the stitch types found in a PES file design that I bought online. The design (I will try to attach a screenshot of what it looks like in Essentials) came with outlining that I would like to change to a satin or column style stitch type. Is this possible?
Attachments
essentials_screenshot.jpg
essentials_screenshot.jpg (133.98 KiB) Viewed 2746 times

M.C. Hart

Re: Changing the stitch type or style of a purchased design

Post by M.C. Hart » Sat May 07, 2016 10:26 am

I'm not sure that in Essentials you can change the type of stitches that come with a design you purchased online. I think you can do that if you have Stitch Artist, which is more of a digitizing software.

Pastergirl3

Re: Changing the stitch type or style of a purchased design

Post by Pastergirl3 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:36 am

no it cannot be done. I too wanted to change a purchased file but it does not have the working files embrilliance needs so it cannot be done. You have to redraw the area you want to change and assign a new stitch type. i contacted support because I have ALL of the embrilliance programs and still can't do it. Sometimes you can create an outline of the design in embrilliance and if that looks ok, go ahead and assign a stitch type. But that doesn't always work. Sometimes I do that and then just edit out the parts I don't want and then assign a stitch type. However, I have found on simpler designs it is easier to just go ahead and redraw it using the bezier tool. Sometimes the magic wand works too. Julie