Embrilliance and Bernina 560

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Bbet

Embrilliance and Bernina 560

Post by Bbet » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:46 pm

I have a Bernina 560 with essentially only 3 installed fonts. I was considering purchasing essentials so that I would have access to more fonts. I have downloaded the trial version and it seems to work. I would probably be using it on OS10 Mac. Is this going to work easily? I like to do a lot of personalized embroidery and really want it most for the 12 fonts. Bernina users please help me. If I ask at a Bernina dealer, they want me to buy their thousand dollar software. Can't do that! I have been using Artlink on a PC to download designs.

Rubyla

Re: Embrilliance and Bernina 560

Post by Rubyla » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:45 am

I have a Bernina 770, use a Mac Book Air, and use the Embrilliance platform. The fonts work well with Bernina and the Mac book air. Just buy BX fonts and follow the instructions for install. When saving to the flash drive, be sure to save as EXP+, not just EXP. It gives your Bernina your color information. There are many many BX fonts so you are not limited. I tried the Bernina Customizer program on my Mac using Parallels. It works but I did not like switching between the Mac and Windows side of my machine. I have been very happy with the Embrilliance platform.

hsbdobergirl

Post by hsbdobergirl » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:14 am

Hi, I have a Bernina 580 and a Brother PR1000E. To install the font, simply double click on the bx file (Windows, assume similar on MAC) and that will launch Embrilliance and you will see something like 'BX file installed'. Simple. Then include it in your design and yes, for Bernina, make sure to save it as .exp+

I have tons of bx fonts from designsbyjuju and jolsonsdesigns. They have lots of sales and you can get the fonts for little money (sometimes at $1 per font, multiple sizes). They always stitch out nicely. Other people I use (less so) are Rivermill and Digist. In addition, some specialized stuff I can find on etsy.

Plymouthknits

Post by Plymouthknits » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:43 am

I gave a Bernina 780 and purchased Essentials shortly after I bought my machine. I love BX fonts! The are so easy to work with and easy to save as EXP. I use windows and the program works flawlessly with any design or font. When I bought my machine my dealer tried to talk me into their expensive software. I will never digitize my own designs so why pay $2000? You will never regret purchasing Embrilliance products.