How to save on a USB Stick?

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Carrie38
How to save on a USB Stick?

Post by Carrie38 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 am

I saw in the instruction manual saving something should be done under utility but I can't figure out how to save something on my USB to plug into my embroidery machine. Can you please walk me through the steps?
Thank you
Carrie

MacStitch

Re: How to save on a USB Stick?

Post by MacStitch » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Just do a File-Save stitch file, give it a name, and locate your USB in the dialog box and click save. If you are using a Windows computer, you can just drag a file from your computer to the USB shown in 'My computer'
A Mac has a data fork and resource fork for each file and just dragging the file will confuse most machines. If you have further questions, just ask.
Betty

Carrie38

Post by Carrie38 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:40 am

I have a new mac. My USB is not an option to save a file under when choosing where to save something which is one problem. The bigger problem is that because I figured out how to drag files to the USB (shown on the desktop), I learned how to save files on the USB but only files directly purchased from a website and not modified with this software by me, are visible on my embroidery machine (Baby Lock); the ones I created with this software by combining text/etc. do not show up on my embroidery machine although they appear to be on the USB stick when it is plugged into the computer. I am so frustrated and confused...any more suggestions?
Thanks!
Carrie

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Be sure that your design will fit your hoop on your machine.

IMPORTANT Switch to metric (upper left corner radio button). I don't use inches because they are incorrect - no one actually owns a 5x7 or 8x8 etc hoop so it can be frustrating when you look at your design that says it is 8" x 8" and it can not be read by your machine. Just an example.

Click Off the design so that nothing is selected.

look at the bottom status bar where is has the hoop selected displayed (in metric) and then the design size will also be in metric so that you can easily verify that the design is smaller than the hoop.

------------

As far as not seeing the USB on your Mac - I'm not a Mac expert, but this sounds odd to me. Insert your USB stick into the Mac and give it a second or two to register. Go to File > Save Stitch file As and you will get the dialog box with the list of locations on the left. Scroll down to the very bottom of this list. Is your USB drive listed here? This is what I do to save to my USB - I did find that I needed to insert the USB first, then go to File > Save Stitch file as, else it wasn't listed.

Hopefully the above information helps. If not and you would like for someone in tech support to work with you, please click on Contact Us at the top of the page and fill out the support request form. Include all the steps you are taking so that our Apple engineer can help trouble shoot. Unless you are entered into the ticket system, there is no way for you to get personalized tech support.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:20 pm

When you see the save dialog, there is an arrow to the right of where you type in the name. If it is pointing down, you have a small list of choices. When you click it and it points up, you see an expanded dialog with the sidebar showing. Also, if it isn't already set, you should go to Finder - preferences - sidebar and make sure that devices are checked to be shown in the side bar. That should make it easy for you to see your flash drive. You may also send me a pm and I'll be glad to work through this with you.
Betty

Carrie38

Post by Carrie38 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Thank you Betty and Lisa! Thanks to you Betty I learned where to access my USB stick (on the left bottom) and Lisa, realizing that because I had images outside the hoop they would not show up on my embroidery machine. Once I created files inside the hoop, it worked! Obviously the mac being so new and this software being so new there is a ton to learn... my next question is, can I use a hoop larger than 100x100?

I appreciate your quick responses - I did open a ticket yesterday but other than the automated response that it wasn't received, haven't heard from tech support, probably because it is the weekend.

Also, I am having trouble accessing the 12 free fonts. When I initially entered the serial numbers for them, the bottom right of my screen said 12 fonts available or something along those lines but I don't see where to find them. Lisa, I saw in one of your responses to someone else in the past you said they were just "there"...where is "there"?

Thanks in advance for your help on my two newest issues and helping resolve this huge one!
Carrie

Carrie38

Post by Carrie38 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Just a quick follow up. I figured out how to use a larger hoop. That just leaves me wondering where/how to access the 12 free fonts.
Thanks again!
Carrie

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:07 pm

On the top of the Embrilliance screen there is a row of icons. Click the one that is an upper case A. The letters ABC will appear in the design area. Now, look to the right and you will see three tabs: Color, Letters, and Stitch. Click the letters tab and in the box, type your text. Click the Set button. Below the text box, you'll see Font ABC Block. Click the arrows to the right of Block to cycle through the included fonts.
If you haven't done it already, click the Downloads button at the top of the Forum page and download the Embrilliance Mac Manual. It is well written. It will guide you through the lettering as well as show you features you may not have noticed. Also, watch the videos and read through the tips that Lisa has included in the forum. And don't hesitate to ask more questions here. You'll even help others who are reading through the forum and might be confused as well.
Betty

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:58 am

Carrie - your ticket was answered at 6:30 last night and we haven't heard back yet. Check your spam folder as that could be where the message went if it's not in your inbox. If you add @Embrilliance.com to your safe sender list, that should do the trick. Since you wrote in at 631 and we responded at 633, your computer may have thought we were a spammer.

......OR if you are using email on your Mac - and this happens to me ALL THE TIME - the auto response and tech response were "threaded" in the same message. I'm not sure how to explain it better, but when you clicked on the first message with the auto response, our response was sort of hidden above it and you needed to scroll up and see it -- because they probably came in at the same time.

ALSO, you can ALWAYS find the answers to your messages by logging into the tech support database with your email and ticket number! Every single ticket is kept for historical purposes.

Click on Contact us - and in the first paragraph, you will see a link for Embrilliance Support - says something like click here if you have a ticket number and want to check the status of your request. Click here and enter in your email and ticket number (yours is 745120 for THIS particular request). Now you can see the complete conversation, upload files or screen captures etc.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

Carrie38

Post by Carrie38 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Betty - thank you - I found the fonts!!
Lisa - thank you - I will check my spam folder as I didn't know there was a response. Now I have all of my issues addressed :D