Adding a note to design?

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
harpangel36

Adding a note to design?

Post by harpangel36 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Does anyone know how to add a note to a design created in Embrilliance? To be able to note the font, colors, and other info?

harpangel36

Re: Adding a note to design?

Post by harpangel36 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:01 am

Hi,
What I was hoping to do was to save info about my design. Like who I made it for. Where I got the original file from, fonts used in my design, etc.
TIA, Roxanne

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Duplicate messages posted to the board. How about creating a text file in notepad with the information that you want? Some people put this information in a database. Others use Word documents. I would do what works best for you!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi Roxanne!

When you make a design in Essentials and then want to save the design to your machine format you could choose Save As (stich and working) and then include the person's name in the name of the file.

For instance if I made a split letter design for my son named Chris I would use Chris SplitC as the name of the design I want to save.
When saved the Stitch file for my machine would be named Chris SplitC.vip3 and the Working file would be named Chris SplitC.be

Also by saving the design both as a stitch file and as a Working File (BE format) you will be able to open the working file (bE file) up in Essentials at any time and it will show your design and all the design elements and text that you combined to make your design and the colors for the whole design.

Now in the Objects Pane which is at the top on the right side of the Essentials Window you will see a small picture of your design.
On the left of the picture should be an arrow or a plus sign.
If you click on the sign it will show each element that makes up the design.

if you click on each element in the list It will show the Brand of Thread and the color number/s you picked for each element right beside the element.
The colors will also show in the Propert Pane ( Bottom Pane of the righthand side)

If you had text such as a name as a design element in the design you can click on the text in the Object Pane and it will show the name of the Alphabet that the lettering was from In the Property Pane ( Bottom Pane on the right) .

It will show you if the Alphabet letters are from a mapped Alphabet or from one of the built in Alphabets included in Essentials.
It will show the actual colors of the text in the Property pane (Bottom Pane) when you click on the text element in the Object Pane (Top Pane).

And as Lisa said you could always make a text file for any other information you want to keep about the design and name it the same as the design and store it in the same folder as the design is stored in on your computer.

Hope this helps you

EastWitch

margnelson

Post by margnelson » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi, my original post is under 'future requests'. I have used handwritten notes, Word and Notepad and quite frankly it is a real PITA to have yet another program open. If this had of been available through Embrilliance I might have persisted in trying to sort out a problem with a stitchout, but instead, I walked away and shed a lot of tears. Good note recording is vital and will go a long way in helping to produce good quality stitchouts.
Is there a way that a note area could be included that would be saved with the .be file? I have tried several methods of keeping notes of things that I try with a particular design, but all fail cause I forget or cannot remember where the paperwork is. Project Adviser is good, but would like to be able to have notes about its affect on a design. This note area could be accessed via an icon on the tool bar, with, say, a pop up window that can be minimised out of the way, but is always saved with the designs working file.

The sort of information that I would record would be :- fabric used, needle used, stabilizers, modifications to the design and resulting stitch outs, threads, machine tension, and, of course, general comments.

This would be of immense value to me, and help to save time and frustration.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi Again margnelson !

One thing I do when testing a design is that I first print out the design sheet for the design that shows the size and the colors of the design.

When I am at my machine I will write on the sheet the type of fabric and stabilizer i am using, Brand of thread and needle size and if I made adjustments to my machine tension I will write down the tension setting too on the print out.
I may even write down any thread color changes I made for the colors in the design.
Then I stitch the design out.

If I have problems I then can make adjustments such as the kind of stabilizer or needle size or tension setting and write that down on the print out.
Then I try the design again.

When I get a great stitch out of the design I then file that print out in a 3 ring binder.

At a later date if I want to stitch the design again then i can refer back to the print out sheet to see what worked.
I can also add any information to the sheet if using the design on different fabric etc.
You could even add a picture of the project and glue that to the print out too.

I know this may take longer to do since it is hand written but it works for me.

Also In Essenatials you can even save the exact thread colors that you used in a design that you may want to use again for the same design or a different design in a separate Thread Palette that you can create in Essentials.

EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Margnelson and All Forum members!

I have made up a Design Information Sheet that could be used to fill out information about a design when test stiching it out at the machine.

It includes places to fill out for Fabric, Stabilizer, Needle size, Top Thread weight, Bobbin Thread weight, Tension settings and a Section for Comments.

I can convert it to a pdf file and upload it to the Design Share Section here on the forum so anyone could download it and print it off on their printer.

In Essentials you can print off the picture of your design with the size and color chart and then add the Design Information sheet to it and use both at your machine when stitching out a design

If you could use this and would like to have it let me know here on the forum and I will upload it!

EastWitch2

margnelson

Post by margnelson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:50 am

Hi EastWitch2,

Thanks for your reply and comments. I have both Word and Notepad formats that I use for this purpose. I am trying to 'GO GREEN' and to also reduce my time spent recording and filing. I have so many folders full of paperwork that it is rather cumbersome. Guess, for the time being, I am stuck with old world technology in a new age world. Such is life.

harpangel36

Post by harpangel36 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm sorry I'm so late responding. Thank you for the great info. I was confused about this part though.
"If you had text such as a name as a design element in the design you can click on the text in the Object Pane and it will show the name of the Alphabet that the lettering was from In the Property Pane ( Bottom Pane on the right) ."

I don't see the name of the font I used in the design.

Thanks, Roxanne

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Roxanne,
are you opening the BE file? Your working file is the one that has the object information like the lettering objects you can modify.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!