Adding a note to design?

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
KLReeves
Re: Adding a note to design?

Post by KLReeves » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:53 pm

It won't save it to the design file, but if you use the create notes function in Convert It, Mac, It will at least have the same name, and the basic information such as threads, stitch count, etc. You can edit that with your design notes, stabilizers, quirks, etc.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:05 am

It's an interesting discussion with lots of possible implementations. We are evaluating ways to bring this into Essentials, but haven't settled on what exactly it should do and where the information would be stored.

Specifically, the Create Notes feature of Convert It, Mac or Studio which works at the browser level, takes information from the design and puts it in a text file, located next to the design. We could implement that in the Merge Designs window in Essentials which functions like a design browser.

However, there may also be the desire to store notes in the BE file itself, which also can be done. You can then "view/edit/print/Save .TXT file" those from within Essentials, probably using a dialog off the Utility menu.

A third possibility is to have a utility that actually populates PDF template. This gets tricky however, as a simple PDF viewer would be another program the size of Embrilliance, and Adobe really has that covered. It would be a shame to waste a year's worth of work to incorporate PDF into Essentials. So it would be saveable, but not viewable.

Any thoughts on these possibilities are welcome.
-Brian

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:10 pm

I would choose door #2. I like to think of the BE file as having all the basic building blocks for the design. I would probably use that function even though I have a database that contains every design plus any info I wish to include.
Betty

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Not everyone has a Mac computer and not everyone uses Convert it Mac.
I would agree Door 2 being able to add/write and print notes in the working file may work the best.
EastWitch2

Undecided

Post by Undecided » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:24 am

Admin wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:05 am
It's an interesting discussion with lots of possible implementations. We are evaluating ways to bring this into Essentials, but haven't settled on what exactly it should do and where the information would be stored.

Specifically, the Create Notes feature of Convert It, Mac or Studio which works at the browser level, takes information from the design and puts it in a text file, located next to the design. We could implement that in the Merge Designs window in Essentials which functions like a design browser.

However, there may also be the desire to store notes in the BE file itself, which also can be done. You can then "view/edit/print/Save .TXT file" those from within Essentials, probably using a dialog off the Utility menu.

A third possibility is to have a utility that actually populates PDF template. This gets tricky however, as a simple PDF viewer would be another program the size of Embrilliance, and Adobe really has that covered. It would be a shame to waste a year's worth of work to incorporate PDF into Essentials. So it would be saveable, but not viewable.

Any thoughts on these possibilities are welcome.
-Brian

this would be amazing....was it ever implemented? i have looked through the manual and online and this all i can find. I want to add notes so that particulars of a design project can be easily kept within the design file :)