Digitizer for Embrilliance

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Lacewood
Digitizer for Embrilliance

Post by Lacewood » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:13 pm

What level of digitising is basic , how and what would you compare them with?
Generations? can be quite advanced yet deemed home/domestic
Wilcom have various levels - what type of features would this incorporate ...Wilcom is fairly advanced but the levels restrict the user to a certain amount of tools.
and how would that effect costing in Embrilliance as some can realistically only be feasible for a business. :roll:
Would the features be automated or could it also be controlled more manually.
cheers Trish
If at first you do succeed... try not to look too astonished"

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Digitizer for Embrilliance

Post by Admin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:53 pm

At present, we're thinking to start at the bottom; a low-cost (similar price to Essentials) entry level solution that let's users make their own designs with runs, fills, satin columns, etc. We are not looking at autodigitizing because to a great extent it doesn't work anyway unless you can edit the objects created.

Also, we think a 'training wheels' approach will guide more people to actually digitize and maybe even share or sell their work. Lindee Goodall has also agreed to help us by providing training materials (not necessarily for free) that will help average people create beautiful results. John Deer from Adorable Ideas has also stepped up and offered to help.

We'd like to build a design exchange, free to all, similar to what the early internet offered with great sites like AnnTheGran back when it was free. We are aware this means that original art needs to be submitted when sending in designs because there have been some copyright issues.

And maybe we can even create a portal, like iTunes, for those who wish to sell their work, but don't want the hassle of their own website.

We do not think owning Essentials will be a requirement for owning Digitizer, but it will run in the same program. So if you have both, the interface you have now should just get extended by adding the digitizing controls.

We'd like to get the community response to these ideas.
-Brian

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Lacewood

Post by Lacewood » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:18 am

The Idea sounds great with very talented digitisers behind as collaboration. I agree auto digitising is not great, its a tool that will get you into a design and unless you understand what you are looking at and have the knowledge to fix the specific areas that are causing problems it is a combination that will not work. There is enough badly digitised designs why add more. Besides its better to learn basic rules and build upon them.... Correctly''
It certainly will be interesting, looking forward to seeing the outcome
If at first you do succeed... try not to look too astonished"

Rich

Post by Rich » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Do you have a guess at the release date of the digitizer software?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:53 pm

June

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

sandimacd

Post by sandimacd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

I am interested in a Beginner Digitizer level or at least the "basics" you described like a satin stitch or running stitch. I am a comfortable MAC user but a novice at embroidery, my first attempt was May 2010 on a Janome 350E. I delayed investing in my TOL BL machine until MAC editing software became available. I need a solid editing program but will not probably go into much digitizing. But again, not sure.
I would like to be able to modify an existing embroidery file to perhaps make it an applique which might require placing a layer of stitching. Simple things like that.
I would want a full featured demo to see what I am getting. Or a very well written and comprehensive Manual that I could read through before purchasing and see what it does (and doesn't do). Especially if it come out in Modules. To me that can get confusing, not knowing if they are building on each other or if they compliment each other.
As to the cost, I am more apt to buy a module or program under $100. I tend to readily purchase things in the $30 to $70 range. If a program is closer to $200 I really think seriously about it over a few months. I know digitizers are complex and run into thousands $$$$ so guess that is why I am not too interested. I would rather pay someone to do it for me and know it will be done right.
But again, if it is an entry level digitizer with just a simple satin or plain stitch and runs under $100, I would enjoy playing around and see where it leads me.
Sandi in MT
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...

goettin79

Post by goettin79 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:49 am

I like that idea. I now use Vip Digitizing from Husqvarna and I really like it, because its so simple. But its on windows and I cant afford the newer versions. So I hope the new essentials digitizing is something like vip on Mac and not more expensive than essentials. ;)