Changing object order

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Lee
Changing object order

Post by Lee » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:55 am

Hi,
I'd like to know if it's possible to change the order of objects in a design. It seems intuitive to just select a part of the design and drag and drop it to the position you want it. It shows a blue line--like it's going to leave it there--but it doesn't. Can someone tell me if this is possible and, if so, how to do it. I have Enthusiast if that is necessary. Thanks for your help.
Lee

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Changing object order

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Sounds like you are doing the right steps - here are some things to check:

1. Are you running the current version? Don't use check for update and think you are - its best to check the version listed in the About window of your program with the version listed on the Downloads page. If you are behind, install the update and see if that solves the problem.

2. Is the design locked? look at the object pane for the design you are working with and make sure the lock is set to open.
lock.png
lock.png (136.55KiB)Viewed 4086 times
here you can see that some colors have been locked and hidden - they have the white lock on the picture in the object pane. To lock something like the purple arrow you would select it and hit the lock button on the top. Locked objects can not be moved or modified.

3. Designs are grouped by default and ungrouping them may resolve the problem. This is different than locking. Select the design and go the Edit > Ungroup.

Try these three things -- if you still have problem, no need to reply as I'm not sure I have any other suggestions. You should use the Contact us form to send a ticket in with your description so that they can help you trouble shoot.

BE SURE to include the program you are using, the version you are running (see step 1 to verify version), and your operating system. Remember that support will not have read these messages, so be as descriptive as possible with the steps you are taking along with the above info. Including information like this in your request for help gives the person reading your request the information they need to get started -- and then the first questions they are something more specific not "what is your operating system and what does your About window say for the version?" Just a tip to help you get the resolution as fast as possible :-)
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

Babsk

Post by Babsk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:21 pm

I have tried to do this also. With great frustration!!

Specifically, have "mugrug" with 3 sections and a flower in the 3rd and larger section. VERY hard for me to remove flower and add a different object, ie heart, puppy or pretty flower.

Much unlocking and ungrouping and sequencing which sometimes works. Very often after getting it to look ok, when I get to machine (VikingTopaz) many stitches have dropped. I think it may be dragging design past stitch line and not moving with cursor???

This is a very difficult process for newbie to software and embroidery machine.

What am I doing wrong???

Also printing 2nd page is still very difficult to use, stitch outline is almost greyed out, very very faint.

Thanks

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:48 am

Hello -

I'm not sure I understand the problem specifically to explain what you are doing "wrong". Might be nothing wrong! It sounds like you need to use the Contact Us link to send a message with pictures and a description to tech support to get specific help.

As far as the printing goes - this is all controlled by the colors you choose for the design. The color breaks are reduced design pictures - you have a BIG hoop for your machine so it has to get shrunk quite a bit :-) Choose darker colors if you need for the outlines to be printed more visibly on the color break list. If you have a color set to "light beige" for example - because it is just a LINE of stitching that has been shrunk to smaller than 10% of the original size - your printer is not picking up the width of the single line of thread.

YES, look at a piece of thread - this is the width of the line of stitching at actual size. Now imagine that you shrink the width of this thread to 10% of its width -- now give it a light beige color. Printers just can't handle that -- but if you change the color to say brown - at least there is now something for it to calculate with contrast and it will show up better on the print out.

If this doesn't make sense - include this information in your trouble ticket when you use the Contact Us link to open a trouble ticket.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!