Problem with saving .fcm file

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Tridntrue
Problem with saving .fcm file

Post by Tridntrue » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:15 pm

I am using an applique design from Designs by JUJU. It is a tiger applique. When saving the .fcm file it did not cut out the front feet. Then I looked closer - the file did not have the front feet. So I go back to Embrilliance, re-watch the stitch simulator which looks exactly right, then I checked to let the fabric show. It only shows on the parts that did cut and did not show on the front feet. So, of course, they were not cut. How do I know if this is a design issue or a software issue?
Thanks,
Sheryl

EastWitch2

Re: Problem with saving .fcm file

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Sheryl!

Were the feet a separate applique object in the design- meaning the main body was 1 applique object and the feet a second applique object showing in the Objects pane when you have the design open in Essentials?

If the feet where a seperate applique object did you assign the applique fabric position and the applique material position for the feet and did you designate one of those positions as a cut file for the feet?

Which position did you designate as the fcm cut file you have right now?

Is it possible for you to list a web link to the design for us to look at?
Was the tiger design you are working with in one of these sets below?
http://www.designsbyjuju.com/stick-zoo-applique
http://www.designsbyjuju.com/jungle-saf ... s-applique

EastWitch2

Tridntrue

Post by Tridntrue » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi EastWitch2 - thanks for your reply:
To answer your questions, yes, I did have all the position and material attributes properly assigned. I did sumbit a trouble ticket and they have discovered on this particular file it's not reading a stitch as a jump and therefore other things down the line didn't work exactly. Anyway, they are aware and got back to me right away. I was very impressed. Also, DBJJ responded right away to help. If anyone else runs into this what I did was to use the pieces it did cut and manually stop my machine and do the missing piece the old way where you put the fabric down for tackdown and trim the excess.

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:41 pm

In Essentials, you would want to run the Sew Simulator and add a color stop. This will create another color break that only has the paws in it and you will need to save that as a cut file. The attached picture show you the sew sim button, the stitch you need to be on and the stop sign. Once you add the color break turn on the fabric sim for each piece and you will be good to go.
TigerStop.jpg
TigerStop.jpg (361.96KiB)Viewed 4653 times
The problem isn't with the design because of the short stitch length. Its just not set in such a way for the software to recognize it as a jump with tie offs so the cut file isn't generated for that one section.

Now if you have the Enthusiast program, I made this quick video for Sheryl so I apologize for its casual and not so accurate wording but the video shows how to go into Stitch Editing in Enthusiast and change that long stitch to a jump and ensure the tie offs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJ3dYQFN3g

Again - this function is part of ENTHUSIAST

And once again - there is NOTHING wrong with the design or how it was digitized. There are so many complexities involved in creating the fabric simulation and the cut files - if it was easy all the other software programs would do it! :-)
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Sheryl and Lisa!

I am so glad that there was such an easy fix using Essentials for the problem Sheryl was encountering for her cut file.

I looked at the set the design was in but with out actually having the design you wouldn't see that one long stitch.

Lisa I love that you made a video showing how to correct the problem of the long stitch by making it a Jump stitch in Enthusiast.
Not only did this work for the cut file for a cutting machine but would work for a stitch file having the same problem.

Thank you both of you for sharing the solutions for this problem with us here on the Forum.

EastWitch2