what is "place on the bottom"?

New versions fix things and add features. This will document those changes. If you had a Feature Request and we have implemented it, we've moved the topic here for posterity.
Kat

what is "place on the bottom"?

Post by Kat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:53 pm

What is the purpose of "place on the bottom"which is a choice when using the circle motif? And how do I use it?

Hope you will go through the method to uninstall the old version before installing the .3 version on my apple.
Thanks,
kat

Admin
Site Admin

Re: what is "place on the bottom"?

Post by Admin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi, Kat,
I've made a note to expand the manual in the regards to the circle text.
Imagine a circle. Now have text at the top of the circle. Now imagine you want it at the bottom. If you rotated it, the text would be upside down. Rather than that irritation, you check 'bottom' and voila! Text on the bottom, but right side up.

Our installers for Essentials will not require an uninstall. They are a little smarter than that. If we ever run into a situation where we need to have something uninstalled, we will try to do it automatically or at worst let the user know.

Typically this problem appears on beta versions. We try, however, to allow beta versions exist side-by-side, in effect as 2 programs.
Hope this helps and puts your mind at ease. Please download 1.03. It is better.

And we're now adding some other convenience features. There is always another version under development. That's the nature of software.
But with 1.03 we think we have corrected every issue brought to our attention, and made it even easier to use. For instance the Mac version now has little 'x's to close tabs, like you would see in Safari.

The ease-of-use details mean a lot to us, so we work on that regularly.
Cheers!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Kat

Post by Kat » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks Brian, I just downloaded and went through installation of the latest version as you suggested. I drug the cool B to the trash and drug the bright yellow sign to the menu bar at the bottom.

Now would you run through the steps to get the text on the bottom. This is what I am doing:
click create letters, choose letters and not color or stitch, type my text, check place on bottom, choose a font type, try to select the circle square,and hit enter. I say try because it doesn't change color.

Would you mind trying this and telling me if it is correct because my works form the top of the circle and not the bottom. I've tried it uncheck and it is the same.

Also, even though I delete the text from the tree, the next time I choose to create letters, the text is still there. I'm thinking it saves the words from the last time you have chosen either multi line, one line or circle.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 pm

This was a bug on the Mac side and has been fixed in 1.04. Thanks for finding it!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"