moving designs to compact flash card

Anything related to the Convert It, Mac program.
Jackie Parr

moving designs to compact flash card

Post by Jackie Parr » Sun May 29, 2011 7:02 pm

I am getting error messages when I transfer designs to my compact flash card for my 300E Janome machine. I am afraid this is going to ruin my card and they are hard to come by now. I am moving from CIM to my card which shows up in the left hand column. I then go into the card and move the design to folder #5, which it needs to be in to be seen by the machine. I then just remove the card from my card reader writer rather than ejecting it, (as I was told since I have the Jef files) What is the correct way to do this? Thanks for the help. Jackie

Admin
Site Admin

Re: moving designs to compact flash card

Post by Admin » Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 pm

That all sounds right. Maybe if you would post the error you are getting, we could tell you what it means?

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Jackie Parr

Post by Jackie Parr » Mon May 30, 2011 11:33 am

I guess I should say, when I put the card in the emb machine, it gives me an error sign. One card asks if I want to delete the error, which I say yes, and it loads the designs from the card onto the machine. The next time I use the card, it asks again, so it is not deleteing the problem. The other card gives an error sign and then loads the designs. I have looked at the card and can not find an error. Every design has 2 folders on the card except the newly added ones, but they go to 2 designs after using it once. The first file for the design is a JBF file.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:17 am

The 300E would use EXP+ which is three files. If you've converted to EXP+ then dragging and dropping you should place those three files in your folder, for each design. Please zip up the contents of the card before you put it in the machine. Then also zip up the contents after the machine has read it. Send both in to us through the Contact Us link. We'll see what we can see.
Thanks!
-b

PS: There is nothing happening that can harm your card.
But note that cards are not permanent storage; they are like floppies, only better.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"