Emboxer Software & Reader Writer Boxes

News about the Emboxer Card reader/writer
EastWitch2

Emboxer Software & Reader Writer Boxes

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Oct, 22.1013
Hi Everyone

There have been questions on the Forum about what Mac Software maybe available to write to Cards that are used in the older models of the Husqvarna/Viking machines such as the Rose and the #1+ and other brands of machines that use Writeable cards to get the designs into the embroidery machine in order to stitch the design out.

There are many embroiderers on my Husqvarna Groups that still have these machines and I am one of them.

Many have Mac Computers and do not realize that Embrilliance has a program available to them Free that will write to specific cards using certain Reader/ Writer Boxes.

So I wanted to understand what the Free Emboxer Software was all about and if anything else was needed in order to run the software program and the Boxes on a Mac computer.

After conversing with Lisa from the Embrilliance Support Team this is the information that i received from her about the Free Embrilliance Emboxer Software.

Emboxer is designed to work with specific Reader Writer Boxes to write to the cards that are for the Boxes for some of the brands of machines that require a card.

The Brands of Reader Writer Boxes that work with the Emboxer software are listed on the Emboxer Software page at the link below.
http://embrilliance.com/emboxer

These Reader Writer Boxes can be purchase with a Writable Card and these cards will fit in the emboidery machines.

The Emboxer software acts as or is a replacement for the software that comes with these Reader Writer Boxes.

These Reader Writer Boxes usually require a Windows Computer Operating System in order for the software for the boxes to work and write to the cards

Emboxer is the Mac Version software similar to the software that comes with the Boxes

So if you purchase one of the listed boxes or have one already and want to use it on your Mac Computer.

Simply download and install the Free Emboxer software and plug your Reader Writer Box into a USB connecton on your Mac.
The box should light up and you are good to go
Then use the Emboxer Software to write designs to the the Writeable card

Wow I am Impressed :o - now all I need is a Mac computer and new Reader Writer Box & card and I can use my H/V #1+ machine again for embroidery.

You see my Xp computer died and my Viking Software for writing to my Viking Reader Writer Box and card only worked on it. :cry:
Sound Familar! LOL

I do have a Vista Laptop and Embriliance software for my H/V Designer 1 machine so I am not at a dead loss yet! :roll:

Hope this information helps our Forum members!

EastWitch2

ndoucet

Re: Emboxer Software & Reader Writer Boxes

Post by ndoucet » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Followed instructions as laid out but not getting any boxes on Emboxer that are not greyed out. I am using a Mac with Mountain Lion and The Ultimate Box by Vikant with Emboxer. What am I doing wrong?

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi ndoucet!

I think you should use the link below to contact Brian about your problem with your Ultimate box and the Emboxer software. Just fill in the support ticket and ask your question there and Brian or one of the Support Team Members will respond to it to help you out.
Here is the link

http://embrilliance.com/contact-us

EastWitch2

ndoucet

Post by ndoucet » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:44 pm

I have sent the below messages twice with no automated response or any type of response and now have opened a support ticket. Ticket#867482 and will hopefully receive a response. Please forward this message to the correct person so I may get some assistance.

Sent message yesterday evening and this morning, but did not get any automated response or response at all.
I am a Mac user with Mountain Lion OS. Downloaded Emboxer to use with Vikant Ultimate Box. Followed instruction on the Emboxer Forum site. Plugged Ultimate Box in USB port, green light came on. Opened Emboxer, but all options at the top were greyed out. Opened "Finder" and no external drive was found. Added card to Ultimate Box and same results. Please help. Evening phone 985-785-9730 Cell 504-559-5802. Thanks, Nicole

eldamato

Post by eldamato » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 am

I just downloaded and installed the Emboxer software on my Mac (OS X10.9.4) and have the same problem as the other user. All options are greyed out. I purchased an Ultimate Box specifically to use with this software and am starting to panic a bit. My green light is on the box but I cannot even "get designs" from my local drive let alone read or write to the box. Am I missing something? :?:

SewSassy1

Post by SewSassy1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:22 am

any answers? I'm just finding about Embrilliance and trying to learn all I can. I'm officially a MAC user. There is a group on Facebook and Page for the company too.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:00 pm

eldamato wrote:I just downloaded and installed the Emboxer software on my Mac (OS X10.9.4) and have the same problem as the other user. All options are greyed out. I purchased an Ultimate Box specifically to use with this software and am starting to panic a bit. My green light is on the box but I cannot even "get designs" from my local drive let alone read or write to the box. Am I missing something? :?:
Hi eldamato!
Please use the link/s below and submit a Support Ticket to the Embrilliance Support Team about your problem with Emboxer and your Ultimate Box.

http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/login.php
If you have never submitted a Support Ticket before you could use the link below.
http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php

East6Witch2

ndoucet

Post by ndoucet » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:36 pm

After opening the HelpDesk ticket, I did get a response and they were able to resolve the issue. Emboxer is working on my Mac with the UltimateBox now.

dede79au

Post by dede79au » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:20 am

For those of you who are using the Emboxer software with the Vikant box, how are they working together? I have a Babylock Ellageo 3 and last year became a Mac user. For awhile I was able to get my designs on a floppy but I'm done with Parallels, external floppy drives and floppy disk! The only reason I have Parallel loaded on my Mac mini was for my sewing software. I really don't want to buy a new machine so I'm trying to find other solutions to my problem. If I can make sure that the box will work I will be purchasing Embrilliance Essentials to use with it. (I have been using Designers Gallery on the windows side)

Thanks!

LizzieBird

Post by LizzieBird » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:44 pm

I too use emboxer with an amazing box/ultimate card on a Mac with Yosemite. It took a little help to get it going - but it is sooooo much more user friendly than using viking's own programme and/or running anything under parallels. The only niggle, which I don't think can be solved, is when I went to put some designs on my MIL's machine, a designer1, I had to click away countless warnings "this was not produced with viking software". that was really frustrating, and needed to be done several times for EACH design. Fortunatly my Orchidea is not so fussy, she's just happy with whatever she gets :D
`I do find sometimes the read/write is greyed out, but normally just re-inserting the card into the reader solves that.