scrolling

If you want to request features, this is where you do it.
Kat

scrolling

Post by Kat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:34 am

Scrolling up once I have scrolled down with two fingers seems to be very shakey. It really doesn't want to do it. If I click on the blue scroll button, then I can go up and down with one finger.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: scrolling

Post by Admin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:57 pm

What device are you using for your gestures? If you're using a touch display or a newer trackpad (or one on a new MacBook) maybe the events are different coming in from the system than what we handle.

If the scroll thumb (the blue thing) is working, that's all we handle, right now, except for an actual scroll wheel. Those are both working smoothly. Apple says that two finger scrolling should work like a mouse event, but since mouse events are smooth, we'll have to intercept the gesture.

Neither of us is ready to give up our current Macs or mice. But if we know which device is the problem, we can figure it out.

Who knows, maybe we can even use a pinch for zoom?

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Kat

Post by Kat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:56 pm

My Mac book Pro is over a year old now. And the blue scroll does work fine. It is all about habits we develop like the two finger scroll. No problem to adjust.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 pm

David says we can add gesture tracking, so we're adding that to the feature requests!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"