Moving individual letters

Get the most out of your software!
Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding AlphaTricks features.
LisaSewBubbles

Moving individual letters

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Moving one letter.png
Moving one letter.png (214.1 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
One of the most powerful features of AlphaTricks is that it contains the same lettering adjustments available with the Essentials built in lettering.

When you click on an individual letter in selected text, you see three stacked adjusters in the center of each letter. If you click and hold on the square center adjuster for the current letter, you can now move it anywhere you want, regardless of the other letter locations.

The upper "square arrow" in this stack will not only move the current letter, but all those before it on the same line. So if we had selected the "u" in Queen, using this upper adjuster would move BOTH the "Qu" together.

The lower "square arrow" in the stack will move the current letter and all those following on that line. This is a simple way to adjust line spacing or to move an entire line a little bit left or right to look more balanced to you eye.

More information about these adjusters can be found in the manual or program help under Lettering.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

Lisa3002

Re: Moving individual letters

Post by Lisa3002 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:25 pm

WoW! This solves the EXACT problem I was having. Thanks for posting it!!

flynn37

Post by flynn37 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:57 am

This doesn't seem to work for commercial fonts that I imported in BX format. There is only a single green box in the middle of each letter. Am I missing something? I want to separate two words a bit without moving all the letters! And what if I wanted to change the colors of a whole word? There's no way to select a whole word by putting a box around them or anything...

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:54 pm

flynn37 wrote:This doesn't seem to work for commercial fonts that I imported in BX format. There is only a single green box in the middle of each letter. Am I missing something? I want to separate two words a bit without moving all the letters! And what if I wanted to change the colors of a whole word? There's no way to select a whole word by putting a box around them or anything...

Hi flynn37!
To select one letter click on that single green box that is in the middle of the letter.
Now you should see all three green boxes in the middle of the letter.

To change the color of the letters click on the middle green box to select each letter and change the color of each by clicking on the color block in the Properties Pane located on the lower right side of the working window and then choose a new color.

To move the second word click on the middle green box of the first letter of your second word.
Now that you have it selected click on the lower green box and move your second word to where you want it.
EastWitch2