Cannot find font files

ewchan

Cannot find font files

Post by ewchan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:21 pm

I have bought and downloaded Alpha Tricks for Embrilliance. After restarting the program, I clicked on the Alpha Tricks import font picture. It will bring up the "Get designs" window, but no files show up anywhere on the computer. I have them saved under my user name, and when I click it on the left hand side, nothing appears. I tested it by putting a font folder on my desktop and clicked on desktop and nothing appeared. Am I doing something wrong? I do not have these file in .bx format, they are all in .pes format. I am not sure if that is the problem or how I go about converting them. Any help would be much appreciated!

Emily

KimG

Re: Cannot find font files

Post by KimG » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:08 am

In order to import a font file, it needs to be in the .bx format. If the font digitizer doesn't offer .bx files then you can map the font in Alpha Tricks. There are some great video tutorials on the Briton Leap Youtube channel that show how map a font and import .bx fonts. You can find the videos on the Embrilliance website Home page (select home button above and look for the video button on left side). This will take you to a list of products. If you select Alpha Tricks it will take you several video tutorials
Also, you might check with the font digitizer to see if they offer .bx fonts. Many of the digitizers now offer their fonts in .bx files

This is the link for the Alpha Tricks font mapping video tutorial Hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mhYYEoXFc

Leigh

Post by Leigh » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:55 pm

From the video, you can import and map a pes font. That is how I understand. Importing .bx fonts does not require mapping, it's just a drag and drop process. I'm having the same issue as the original poster. Alpha Tricks/Embriliance and not finding any folders to import the pes font files.

KimG

Post by KimG » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:04 am

I am not sure if you are on a mac or a windows machine. I had trouble figuring out where to find the files when I first started using alpha tricks. In my mac when you are in the menu to import fonts on the left hand side is a menu with folders.
I keep my embroidery files on my desktop in a folder called embroidery files and in that file I have a folder called embroidery fonts. You may have another system. If you have triangle arrows next to your folders in the menu, you will need to select the triangle arrow next to your folder. I kept trying to select the folder and the words which do not expand the menu. You need to keep selecting the arrow until you open the file containing the alphabet. I have attached a screen shot of my alpha tricks menu. Don't know if this will help you. If not you can contact Embrilliance support. They are so awesome and helpful. That is why I love this software. There is always someone willing to help. for some reason my screen shot will not attach-- sorry

ckatie19

Post by ckatie19 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:48 am

So, I bought AlphaTricks thinking I could import fonts from my hard drive, but nothing shows up for me either. I am on iMac. If it can't bring in regular, everyday fonts, then I will return it. That is a real problem, as I have lots of normal fonts I want to use. Help please. :roll:

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:00 pm

ckatie19 wrote:So, I bought AlphaTricks thinking I could import fonts from my hard drive, but nothing shows up for me either. I am on iMac. If it can't bring in regular, everyday fonts, then I will return it. That is a real problem, as I have lots of normal fonts I want to use. Help please. :roll:
Ckatie19

Please contact the Embrilliance Support Team about the problem you are having trying to locate your stitch file fonts on your iMac computer that you want to import into Alpha Tricks to map.

It sounds like you have a technical problem that only the Embrilliance Team can help you with.

You can contact the Embrilliance Support Team by filling out and submitting a Support Ticket by using one of the links below.
http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/login.php

Or this direct link to a Support Ticket that you can fill out and submit..
http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php

Let us know if you were able to get this problem solved!

EastWitch2