Image File Question

EastWitch2

Image File Question

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Is there any way to create an image/picture file of designs creatred in Alpha Tricks or Essentials?

By an image file I mean a JEPG, or GIF file.

I was thinking this would be handy but the only way I see this being done is to print out a copy of the stitch file and then scan it and save as an image file and on the computer.

I wonder if the JEPG and GIF format could be added to the format options that we use to save our design stitch files in within the program/s?????

Anyone have any thouhts on this??

I saw an monogram idea and tried it out in Alpha Tricks and wanted to post a piucture of it on the Forum so that is why I am asking! LOL

EastWitch2

texmax888

Re: Image File Question

Post by texmax888 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 pm

How about a screen shot?

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:09 am

Was just going to suggest the screen shot :-) This is how I capture a lot of the program pictures that I post here.

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org

this covers all the different operating systems with step by step instructions if you weren't sure how to do this!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Well doing aScreen Shot may work but it is much more work.

If we had the Option to save our design as a JEPG file also then it would save it just as easy and fast in the same way we save a stitch file.

So I have posted pictures of the designs I was playing with in the Design Share Section for you to see.

I did however use another editing program that allows me to save a JEPG of the stitch files I made.

So made the designs in Alpha Tricks and saved then then opened the Stitch file in the other editing proigram and saved them as JEPG files.

Do you think Brian and Company would consider adding this feature to the Alpha Tricks and Essentials programs????

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:58 am

Did you check out the link I sent above? It's really not that much work but I understand what you are saying and yes it has been added to the list of future program enhancements.

It is a careful balance when it comes to adding features...we don't want to complicate the programs - the reason everyone loves our programs is that they are simple and easy to use with the features that are essentials to most machine embroider-ers.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

Lisa R

Post by Lisa R » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:46 pm

I was wondering if this feature has been added to Essentials yet. It would be awesome to be able to save the designs as jpgs so we can send to clients for approval. Another editing program I have used has this function which makes it very helpful. I can save the design, which shows the file name, but the grid lines are turned off so it looks like the design will when stitched.

Lisa R.