Online class for Stitch Artist

Your questions answered here
lizzie0883

Online class for Stitch Artist

Post by lizzie0883 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any online classes to learn how to use Stitch Artist. I am having a very hard time figuring how to do anything with it. I am brand new to digitizing so I would love something that would begin at a very basic level. Thank you so much.

Elizabeth

tjbtexas

Re: Online class for Stitch Artist

Post by tjbtexas » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:22 am

I had not heard of any yet. I am sure that would be a hit.
One suggestion:
pick a relatively simple image and load it
using the image take the time to play with each particular draw and stitch feature until you are comfortable with how it behaves and performs (e.g. creating,editing, etc ...)
spending this little bit of time up front will save you hours of frustration when you "need" to get a design done

:>)

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:14 pm

We have some things in the works, as does Lindee Goodall and John Deer.
John's got a new site being launched soon with digitizing classes coming soon. Any day. When we get the nod, we'll post some links.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

pinemeadows

Post by pinemeadows » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:34 pm

I have bought several parts of Embrilliance lately, but the last one, Stitch Artist, is proving much more challenging to learn! I would be very interested in the classes whenever they are available.

I can do a few things in SA, but I just have the feeling I'm doing everything the hard way!

Thanks

Salsaq

Post by Salsaq » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:31 am

Or even if you could give us some examples of how to do some of the basic things. I usually pick things up quickly, but I had a look at it and now keep putting it off going back to it, as the instructions are not that easy to follow.

pinemeadows

Post by pinemeadows » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:32 am

I have now had a chance to spend a few hours in Stitch Artist - and let me say, I have much respect for digitizers!

While the manual is helpful in terms of what each icon does, it is not clear on the steps to complete items. I end up randomly clicking on everything - sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

It seems like sometimes the nodes don't appear and I am still in the design create stage - have not figured out why that happens. Sometimes an object will fill, sometimes it won't. Sometimes I can close an object, sometimes I can't.

PLEASE make some videos or tutorials available for those of us who are so excited about this software! Right now, we have found only one YouTube video - and in that video, if I remember correctly, she uses shapes from the library. I am interested in doing some things where everything is created "from scratch"....without the use of predefined shapes.

Looking forward to learning the capabilities of Stitch Artist. Unfortunately, I had planned on doing this during the holidays before I go back to work. I don't think that will happen without some help!

Thanks

;)

lynnenor@gmail.com

Post by lynnenor@gmail.com » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:47 pm

I wrote up a little blog post / review of Stitch Artist. Perhaps that might help. You can find it here http://denversews.com/2014/12/22/a-look ... t-level-2/ Lynne

maribow

Post by maribow » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:09 am

Thanks your post is quite detailed and helpful

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:56 pm

I would like to see Tutorials or Classes for Stitch Artist that includes an image of artwork that we can all use in order to work through the lesson step by step.

And also Classes that includes using the outlines in the Library as images for the lessons.

I would like to see a tutorial for Applique, Free Standing Lace and Fill type Designs that all include outlines for the designs in satin stitches.

Would like to see recommendations for stitch lengths and density for all of the above and how to determine what underlay to use for a fill stitch design.

EastWitch2

Nanasews

Post by Nanasews » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:33 am

I have not been on here for quite some time, but I must say I like the idea of Stitch Artist, I am not a digitizer but have dabbled a bit with another program, which seems overwhelming to me. I must say that this seems to be more user friendly though.
I watched the demo's and I really like it. Over the holidays things get pretty hectic don't they? Thank you for making this possible.
A stitch in time saves 9