Set satin column down a path?

Your questions answered here
Anjie

Set satin column down a path?

Post by Anjie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:24 pm

I'm going to have a hard time describing what I want to do, so I've linked a few screen shots. Maybe someone can help me out.

I have a few letters that I'm tracing and I want to use a satin fill for. I'm having a difficult time with the complex parts of the letters, for example to get the "m" below, I needed to do a separate shape for each portion to get the fill to do what I wanted it to do.

I can't even imagine how to get this "b" going. Why does the fill not make it into the top portion of the staff? Why is the satin layering on top of itself in the bottom left?

Is there a way to tell the software the path I want the satin column to travel and skip to? I just watched one of Brian's videos on SA2 shapes and my guess is it has something to do with running lines, but I'm beyond baffled at this point (though still determined)!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Anjie

Re: Set satin column down a path?

Post by Anjie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:49 pm

Alright, I've figured out my problem. Once I did, I got SO MUCH BETTER, SOOOOO QUICKLY! My problem was thinking with my Photoshop brain. StitchArtist is NOT Photoshop. For reals. Once I stopped trying to treat each letter like its own object, things just started clicking in my head. I needed to concentrate on the movement and flow of the stroke, NOT the WHOLE LETTER. Basically, I had the right idea with the 'M'. With that knowledge and the alternating L/R input column tool, I was golden. Here are my results!

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Hey Anjie, I am having the same problem right now, but I'm not sure what the L/R column input tools are??? lol

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi inkjen2003!

You can see how to use the left right column tool on the video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1FR0EpN-U

EastWitch2

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Grrr Ok....I dont have the inclination tool or that one...I'm guessing I need level 2 for that? :(