3 questions.....

Your questions answered here
inkjen2003

3 questions.....

Post by inkjen2003 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:57 am

Hi, hopefully these are not really lame questions, but I have searched all over the place and haven't figured out the answer. TIA for any help you have!

1. If I create a design in Stitch Artist, is the automatic split hoop tool available to split my design, or will I have to have essentials to do that after the design is created?

2. Can I create BX font sets in Stitch Artist, or is that limited to Alpha Tricks?

3. I'm fairly sure I can save one design in each format available, but do the files work the same on single needle machines vs. mutli needle machines, or do I have to do a separate design for that?

Hope these questions are ok, I am still trying to figure a few things out! Thanks :) Jen

EastWitch2

Re: 3 questions.....

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi Jen!

I will attempt to answer your questions.
1. In order to split a design for multi position hoops or for splitting a design into sections for Multi hooping you would need Essentials or Enthusiast or both depending on the brand of machine you have and your hoops.

2. In Stitch Artist you can create/digitize Font Letters or Font Sets using the True Type Fonts which are available on your computer.

When you digitize True Type Fonts in Stitch Artist they will then be saved as Stitch Files in a Stitch file format such as pes, hus, vip, vip3, dst, etc..

BX Fonts that are sold by different Digitizers are really just digitized stitch file format Fonts or Alphabets that the Digitizer has pre mapped to the keys on a computer keyboard using Embrilliance Software that they acquired from the Embrilliance Team.
This software is similar to Alpha Tricks.

BX Font files are really Keyboard fonts that you can type out using the keys on your keyboard in order to make words or text or names or monograms designs.
Using the keyboard makes it so easy and the letters in your words or text will all line up and be spaced in Embrilliance Essentials.
The Bx Files can be drag and dropped onto the open window of Essentials and they instantly install into the software.

Alpha Tricks Software allows you to manually map digitized Stitch File Format letters of a Font set or Alphabet set to keys on a computer keyboard.
When saved these mapped files are installed into the software program.
The mapped letters can then be used in Alpha Tricks and also in Essentials if you have the Essentials software too by simply typing on your keyboard to make text, names, monograms designs.

So if you digitize True Type Font letters or a whole True Type Font letter set in Stitch Artist and save them in a stitch file format you would still need to have Alpha Tricks in order to transform them to a Keyboard font.

3.Multi needle machines
I don't think you would have to digitize a separate design for multi needle machines.
I think it is a matter of ensuring that the multi needle machines can read the design by using certain settings in Stitch Artist.

This is a question that you should ask by filling out a Support Ticket and submitting it to the Embrilliance Support Team.

They will be able to tell you what extra steps or settings you have to make in Stitch Artist to a design in order for some Stitch File formats to stitch out right on certain multi needle machines.

You can fill out a Support Ticket and submit it to the Embrilliance Support Team asking your multi needle machine question.
Use one of the links below to fill out and submit a Support Ticket and the Support Team will answer you.

http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/login.php

Or here is a link to an open Support Ticket that you can just fill out and submit.
http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php

Let us know if this answers your questions or if you need more help.

EastWitch2

inkjen2003

Re: 3 questions.....

Post by inkjen2003 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks so much! That really did answer my questions :) I appreciate the response!