digitizing a TTF letter

Your questions answered here
inkjen2003

digitizing a TTF letter

Post by inkjen2003 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Can anyone please look at the picture below and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've been moving nodes and bezels, adjusting density and compensation on this letter B for 5 hours now and still cant get the stitches to even out :( ughughugh~ I appreciate any advice anyone can give TIA

EastWitch2

Re: digitizing a TTF letter

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Could you give more informartion to us about what tools you are using to digitize the TTF, the name of the TTF you are using, size of the letter, which level of Stitch Artist you are using, the settings you started with for compensation, and density and what you changed them to.

Have you watched this video for Stitch Artist Level 1 below where Brian adds a monogram to the heart applique.
He used a TTF for the monogram letters and used the Satin Column stitch for the letters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0z4JYw5WqQ

Also look at this video about Satin Stitches where Brian discusses underlay, and top stitches for Satin Stitches and talks about density etc..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp5kUOlCkrw

EastWitch2

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks, Eastwitch. Sorry for the late response, I didnt see your post until now :( I gave up on trying to fix it and decided to start from scratch and make my own instead of converting it. I only have stitch artist 1, so I think that without level 2 I can't adjust the stitches like I would need to. There are a few things that have been stressing me out about Stitch Artist (level 1). Right now, all my things stopped sizing, I can't make them bigger at all and have no clue why. I've actually watched all of the videos, but then I run into even more problems and can't find answers anywhere. I have one design I'm working on that is applique, and no matter where I put the tie in and tie outs, there are big jumps and it starts the satin border wherever it wants instead of where the tie in is at (I watched the video on that too and it's not doing what the video says it should be doing) :( I'm just really frustrated at this point.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:50 am

Hi inkjen2003!

Perhaps you should contact the Embrilliance Support Team.
It almost sounds like you are having technical problems with Stitch Artist Level 1 on your computer.

Even if it is not a technical problem the Support Team can help you sort through the problems you are having digitizing the Appliques and True Type Fonts.
They developed the software and know all the ins and outs of how it works.

Use the link below that takes you to an Open Support Ticket and fill it out with as much information as possible about the problems you are having and submit it.
Let them know which computer system you have, Mac or Windows and what update version of the Embrilliance Platform you are using.

They will answer you and help you out.

http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php

EastWitch2

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Thanks, Eastwitch...I actually filled one out, Lisa is trying to help me lol I have a feeling something weird is going on with my version but not sure why. The things I'm having trouble with have no real reason why they arent working from what I can tell. Thanks for answering!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi inkjen2003!!

Well you are in very good hands with Lisa helping you!

I look forward to hearing how you make out.
I really think it is all about learning how to use the tools and controls and having patience while we try new things such as digitzing.

EastWitch2

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:36 pm

I will be interested in finding out, because now all kinds of other things are going wrong :( It won't even let me add text....I probably messed something up lol! Lisa is awesome though, she's being very patient with me lol!!!

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:20 pm

Eastwitch, it was totally operator error lol First, the sizing issue was because I had "precut" selected and that makes it so you can't size. The text issue was because I was saving PES files as stitch files. Confusing, but I think I'm overthinking things to the point that nothing is making sense lol! You're right...I just need to have some patience with myself! :)