merging objects

Your questions answered here
robinjan

merging objects

Post by robinjan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Hello! I'm verrrry new to embroidery and embroidery designing so I apologize if this question has a simple solution.

I created the dog below in Stitch Artist 1 however I'm not sure how to merge the paws on to his body without it bringing in a connecting line (shown in the second photo). I'm hoping there is a simple solution for this but I've tried everything I can think of. I was able to easily draw the dog because I'm familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator, but just merging the paws and body to make a nice appliqué is where I'm stumped. Is this possible with Stitch Artist 1? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Dog with separate objects for paws and body

Dog after "connecting outlines" (with unwanted connecting line and unwanted lines under paws)

EastWitch2

Re: merging objects

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Are you wanting the legs and paws to just be a Satin Fill stitch that sit on top of the body applique or do you want the legs and paws to be applique too.

If so you need to make them separate objects not connected to the outline of the body or face.

The 2 pictures show that the legs and paws are sitting on top of the body applique.
outside of the other leg.

If you just want the legs and paws to be a Satin stitching that sits on top of the Body Applique then in order for the satin stitch outline of the applique body to not show through the paws you would have to have your body outline not go all the way through the legs and paws.

Your outline of the body would need to be done in 2 sections
One body outline running from the outside of one leg up one side and under the Face applique and down the other side of the body to the other leg/paw section.

They can under lap the leg sections just a bit and the Softwear should remove most of the stitching under the satin stitch of the paws when you save the design.

And you would do the outline section of the body applique that is in between the legs the same way just under lapping the inside of the leg section just a bit.
It would be a separate object for the outline on the body.

Perhpas watching Brian's video on the Sunbonnet Applique will help you understand the pathing from one section to another.
Link to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMOb-n ... e=youtu.be

Does this make any sense to you??

EastWitch2

robinjan

Re: merging objects

Post by robinjan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:24 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes that does make sense! I want the whole body and paws to be appliqué so I guess I would need to make a "tack down" stitch that includes both paws (that hang down, that I want covered with fabric) and body as one, I guess, so it all gets covered in fabric. Then I can do my satin stitch in sections, sides of body, paws, then middle section between paws like you said. I just thought I'd be able to do it in one run for some reason, my main reason for thinking that I guess was because of the tack down stitch.

I'm new to embroidery but I'm a graphic designer, and of course I wanted to make my own designs, so I'm glad to have found embrilliance. I know I have a lot to learn but I'm excited. Thanks again for your help!