stitch artist fit to hoop

Your questions answered here
inkjen2003

stitch artist fit to hoop

Post by inkjen2003 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:42 pm

ack! I must have accidently changed a setting because everytime I try to "fit to hoop" it shrinks it as far as humanly possible instead of enlarging it! Anyone have any ideas how to fix that? LOL!~ TIA

EastWitch2

Re: stitch artist fit to hoop

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:31 pm

What were you trying to fit to hoop?
An outline, an image, or a design you have in Create Stitch Artist mode?

The Fit to Hoop function is part of Essentials but is not reallyavailable in the Create Stitch Artist mode.

If you bring in an image or choose an outline from the Library you can select it and then click on the Select Objects Arrow Icon at the top of the tool pane and that will get you to where you can click on the Fit to Hoop tool.

If you have digitized the image just do a select all and then click on the Select Objects Icon and then click on Fit to Hoop.

To get back to Create Sitich Artist mode clcik on the icon for it.

At least this works for me! :lol:

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:56 pm

oh gosh, I feel like an idiot, which one is the select objects button? I've never found that one I think! Usually when I click out of the drawing/create mode, and I have the whole digitized image selected, I can clip fit to hoop and it sizes up (or down) to fit the hoop. But now its squishing it all in the center really small instead and I have no clue why it started doing that when it worked before :( I think I must have changed a setting somehow, but I can't find anything lol

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Try this do a Select All in the Stitch Artist Create mode which will highlight both the art work and the digitizing files you digitized for your design in the Objects Pane then while holding down your shift key use one of black corner nodes at the corner of the design in the working window to resize everything larger with in the hoop area shown.
Then save as a stitch file and working file.

Brian mentioned in one of the Stitch Artist Videos to hold the Shift Key down and use the black Sizing tabs to resize designs in Stitch Artist.
See if that works in the Stitch Artist Create Mode for you.

If you resize your saved digitized design in Essentials make sure you use the saved Working File (be file) of the design to do the resizing to.

EastWitch2

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:19 am

Hi Eastwitch! I am able to ctrl+click on designs to select them all, but don't see an actual "select all" button lol! I don't know what was going on with my program the other night, but the next day the fit to hoop button was working right again? Very weird :(

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Click on Edit and you will see Select All! ;)

EastWitch2

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:16 pm

oh wow I am so slow! I actually knew that, but my brain decided to stop working! LOL!!! I have another question, not sure if you may know the answer or not. I had someone purchase one of the designs I created in Stitch Artist. I created a zip file with all of the formats. She tried to open them but only got code? She has a Mac computer and I am not familiar with those at all, so I am not sure if that could be the problem or if it could be something else :(