Converting True Type Fonts to Stitches

Your questions answered here
Lena

Converting True Type Fonts to Stitches

Post by Lena » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 am

Hello,

I'm using the full stitch artist version and having problems converting True Type Fonts to stitches easily.

Steps

Choose font
Type letters
It appears on the screen
Choose satin fill (usually looks blown-up and not filling only within the vector shapes but in-between too)
Add inclinations - doesn't change only looks worse or same.
If there is a hole, it looks like the stitches are going through the hole and I can't put inclinations on one side of the hole. It goes through both.

lars

Re: Converting True Type Fonts to Stitches

Post by lars » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:21 am

Hello,

satin fill is only properly applied to an area that is included in a single path. When you import a vectoriced 'A' for example, you get two shapes. An outer and an inner one. with the inner one marking a hole in the outer shape. To get this ready for satin stitches you need to transform it in the former mentioned single path, The easiest way is to use the 'Connect to Hole' funktion.

For that you select two close dots in the inside and the outside path and right click one of them.

The connect to hole feature might fail, when structure if inner and outer path gets to complex.

Regards, Lars

janc

Re: Converting True Type Fonts to Stitches

Post by janc » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:35 am

I've tried doing what you described, but when I select 2 points and right click, I DO NOT get an option to "connect the hole." Ideas?