iPhone / iPad / Andoid

If you would like us to consider a feature or product concept which might be out of the scope for Essentials, please add your thoughts here.
adstrathmann

Re: iPhone / iPad / Andoid

Post by adstrathmann » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:39 am

I'm not sure I'm interpreting your question correctly. If getting the files is an issue we could email them, keep them in a cloud type drive, or use the iPad memory card adapter that one used for camera pics. Now there's also drobox and air drop etc. I want more than just a catalog of designs if I'm going to use iPad space however. I want to be able to resize rotate merge and create things ready to go to the machine when I get home! Imagine sitting in the waiting room of the dr. Setting up your next project so when you get home your ready to stitch! That's what I want!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:51 pm

I too would like to have an App for an Android Tablet that works like Air Stitch.

I have a Samsung Tablet and can download a file to it and then transfer the file to a USB stick so I can transfer the design file and use the design on my laptop in my Embroidery software.
So an App that downloads zip files and perhaps opens them and allows one view and then to save a design format to a USB stick is all I would need at present.
Conversions can be done in my embroidery software (Essentials).

EastWitch2

sewinglady51

Post by sewinglady51 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:47 pm

I would like to see an app that would let you see what a design looks like also. I found a beta one for Android called Embro Tailor Lite. It allows you to see your designs as long as they are pes format. Unfortunately you cannot go into your file, choose one design and open in the App. You can open the folder the design you want to look at is in but you have to look through the whole folder in order to see just one design. Not good if your folder has a hundred designs in it. Of all my embroidery software the best one for just viewing your designs is Buzz Explore. Something similar to that for Android would be great. I like that I can load my D1 usb stick in your Essentials software. My only complaint is I wish when the stick is read that I could see images of the designs that are already in a menu.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi, sewinglady51,
For iPad we have design downloading and viewing details - but we're still trying to find a decent way to develop for Android.
It's not as straightforward as iPad.
Thanks for the input. We'll see about AitStitch for Android next year.
For the D1 utility, we'll see about that in the future.
Cheers,
-Brian

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

margnelson

Post by margnelson » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:26 pm

How is the development going for Android ? I now have a need to be able to run Express mode or Alphatricks on my android tablet for when going to markets.

Cheers
Margaret Nelson
Australia

peaceloveknit

Post by peaceloveknit » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:14 pm

I would love something soooo simple ( I think )

I would love to have something that helps me keep track of my supplies.

I would start with a thread checklist.

I just discovered creating my own palette of threads I have in embrilliance. I would love to carry that around with me. Can it be exported in some what for an iPad app. I have no idea.

I would love a checklist.

Then after the thread.. maybe stabilizers.

What do you guys think?
Maria
Running Essentials, Enthusiast, Alpha Tricks and Stitch Artist Level 3
MacBook Pro with High Sierra
Apple geek who loves Embroidery, Knitting, Sewing and Quilting

margnelson

Post by margnelson » Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 pm

I have overcome this problem by purchasing Windows 8.1 tablet ... Embrilliance and Thumbnailer installed and portable when away from home ..... yeah for modern technology.

sewinglady51

Post by sewinglady51 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:00 am

I too have a windows 8.1 tablet. In November I purchased an Asus Vivotab Smart 10.1 in. tablet. I have three embroidery software programs installed on my tablet.I am successfully running Essentials, Embird 2013 and Buzz Explore. If I want to show a design to a customer I can do it in Windows explorer with Iconizer in Embird. If I want to do editing in a design for a customer I use Essentials because of the ease in typing in a font and the ease in navigation. I had an android tablet before the purchase of my windows 8. I was the one that mentioned Embro-tailor in a previous post in this thread. It only allowed the use of pes format. I have thousands of designs that I took the time to convert to pes. My machines use the HUS format. Took time to convert and was not really user friendly. Really frustrated me that is when I decided to check out Windows 8 tablets. Whatever tablet brand you choose it has to run a full windows 8 program not Windows 8 RT. My tablet has 64 GB internal storage and room for a 64 GB micro SD card. With a blue-tooth mouse and blue-tooth keyboard I am good to go on vacation.

adstrathmann

Post by adstrathmann » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:34 pm

In discussing how we would get files on/off Ipad in addition to drop box I have recently discovered there are Bluetooth thumbdrives that we can store our files on for use with the ipads!

KK and Sam

Post by KK and Sam » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:56 pm

I would like to be able to do limited editing, merge designs, like add a name or resize. I have not used it but was told there is an USB adapter that plugs into the aux. port of the phone. However, I thinkg icloud or dropbox could be easier.