Doesn't work even with Full Disk Access

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
perperlu

Doesn't work even with Full Disk Access

Post by perperlu » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi,

Updated my macOS to Catalina recently, and Thumbnailer hasn't worked since. I've followed instructions on the page granting Full Disk Access in the System Preferences, but still not showing. Downloaded and updated both Embrilliance as well as Thumbnailer installers as well, totally updated.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jackier

Re: Doesn't work even with Full Disk Access

Post by Jackier » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Im having he same problem.

Jackier

Post by Jackier » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:01 pm

The answer from Embrilliance is basically "too bad for you".

peaceloveknit

Post by peaceloveknit » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 am

I have updated to Catalina and my Thumbnailer is working.

Here are my settings.

Full Disk Access
-Embrilliance is listed and the box is ticked

Files and Folders
-Embrilliance is listed

Attachments
Thumbnailer Shot.jpg
Thumbnailer Shot.jpg (95.03 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Maria
Running Thumbnailer, Essentials, Enthusiast, Alpha Tricks and Stitch Artist Level 3
MacBook Pro with Catalina
Brother PR655
Apple geek who loves Embroidery, Knitting, Sewing and Quilting

Lynda Ballard

Post by Lynda Ballard » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:33 pm

I'm having the same problem. I contacted tech support and their response was - "Some of our staff reported that they had to restart the computer multiple times for Mac Quicklook to reset the Thumbnails. Please let us know if this works for you."

I have restarted many times and reinstalled a few times. It just won't work.

TJayne

Post by TJayne » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:00 pm

I have installed it, uninstalled it, set full access, restarted computer many times and it still doesn't show a preview. Every embroidery file just shows the yellow square icon with the needle inside it. I sure hope they can get this working.

pbelzey

Post by pbelzey » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:07 am

I'm having the same issue. Called Apple and also sent a help email to Embrilliance. Everyone is aware of it, but it's a pain not having it working. Especially now with Christmas coming and I need to see what I have. :(

mickey524

Post by mickey524 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Over the last 2 days I've spent 3 hrs on the phone with Apple Support trying to have the Thumbnailer quick views work on my Mac - to no avail. Before contacting them, I uninstalled the installed versions of Embrilliance and Thumbnailer, downloaded the current versions (Thumbnailer created on Catalina) and confirmed All Disk Access for both apps. With Support, we checked every conceivable setting and still no luck. I HATE not having it functional - amazing how we get used to things that work! I hope Brian and his team can work with Apple to find a solution - it may take doing an item by item comparison between one that works and one that doesn't to figure this out but my senior level support guy promised to escalate the issues and steps taken. Fingers crossed it won't take too much longer to resolve.
NOTE - I’ve gone back to Mohave operating system as missed Thumbnailer too much to keep Catalina. That’s a whole process in itself but be sure to backup all your data before attempting! Apple Help Desk may help if you call them ...