Adobe updated and now problems

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
GayleK

Adobe updated and now problems

Post by GayleK » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:25 am

Not sure how it happened but after an adobe update, it became the default for my files. When I have saved the working file and the Embrillance file and then go later to open the file the thumbnailer doesn't show the file. After the update my files showed as an adobe pdf . Now My working file is called a 'working file' and what I am trying to find out is what should the default should be for the working file? My Embrillance file doesn't show in the thumbnailer now..only the embrillance logo shows beside the file (yellow block with the needle). I use Windows.
HELP needed to get my defaults back to what they were. Thanks for any help!!!!!!

BTW, I do like these programs by embrilliance!!!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adobe updated and now problems

Post by Admin » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Not sure what Adobe did, but associating files with Acrobat is a common problem, as people double-click on a file and hit OK when they see Windows asking what to open it with. The first program in the list on most computers is Acrobat. To help, we built in a feature in Thumbnailer for Windows. Open the Thumbnailer app and click 'Reset Links'. There, select all the files, and choose 'Reset Windows double click action' and then OK, Ok again. That should help. On some computers the images are cached though so Windows will show what it already has on hand. Newer versions are better than Vista. Hope this helps!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

GayleK

Re: Adobe updated and now problems

Post by GayleK » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:01 pm

THANK YOU!! That fixed it! Appreciate it so much! I am now :D