Convert it Mac and BriTron Leap upgrades

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
sandimacd

Convert it Mac and BriTron Leap upgrades

Post by sandimacd » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 am

I purchased and installed CIM. It checks for upgrades automatically and then presents this message:
Program Version
There is a newer version available at: Embrilliance.com
Click Downloads

I have gone through this process 3 times now. It does not keep any registration information, each time I must re-enter it. Also, I have been unable to find CIM as directed on the message- it is not available on the downloads on the Embrilliance.com site. If I do an Internet search I am directed to the http://www.macemb.com/ site.

I could not find a CONTACT link on the macemb site so I am posting here. Perhaps you can share with the developer of CIM that it would be nice to have an automated update feature that takes the user to the correct site or at least directs the user to the correct site. It would also be nice if the UPDATE recognized and retained the registration information. I really appreciate that you are working to provide us frequently with software improvements but it is getting tiresome to keep registering each update for each product (Essentials and CIM). I have updated Embrilliance Essentials and it also requires me to re-enter all my registration information with each update.

Other MAC programs that I use have an auto updating feature that can be enabled and they do not make me re-register with each update. I hope this is a feature that you might consider. Thank you.
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Convert it Mac and BriTron Leap upgrades

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi, sandimacd,

We never force you to re-type your registration info. In fact the window doesn't even come up when updating. There must be something different on your system. No one else has told us that they are experiencing this.

I notice that you have registered CIM, but not Essentials. If you have completed the process, then there is a permission issue on your folder that we might be able to help you resolve.

CIM and Essentials are different things, so of course, they cannot share information between them, but updates definitely do look for existing registration info. Your current data is stored in your Home/Libraries/Preferences folder. As long as that folder has permissions and you leave the preference in tact, it will be used.

As far as the misdirection from CIM to Embrilliance.com - that was an error that has been discovered and fixed.

I'll have David contact you so we can see what's going on and get you working properly.
-b

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Jackie Parr

Post by Jackie Parr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 pm

When I have upgraded Essentials, I get a pop up box on the install part. Can't remember what it says exactly, wants my login ID I believe. If you ignore this, it will go ahead and install. When purchasing and installing originally, it came up and I kept trying to put in a log in that it kept refusing. I didn't know it was installing in the background. This has happened on the install and 2 upgrade versions. Jackie

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi,
Essentials does not ask for a log in, but the registration dialog may show up. We're working on removing that on upgrades, but you can cancel the dialog asking you to register, if that window appears. There are no background operations that we perform. However, if your Mac is like mine, your Mac is probably asking for your password to install a program. If you can send a screen shot, that will help us identify what the window is you're seeing, and remove it if its ours.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"