See into files without opening

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
jpklaiber

See into files without opening

Post by jpklaiber » Tue May 24, 2011 12:59 pm

I know I always want more. I would like to see into a folders without opening it. My alphabets are in different folders and right now I have to open each one to see what the designs look like. Can that be worked into the program or am I doing something wrong. Have a mac with the newest program. Thanks for all your help and what you are doing for the mac people.

Mac

Re: See into files without opening

Post by Mac » Wed May 25, 2011 10:19 am

There is a solution ... Convert It, Mac (CIM). A basic feature of CIM is to browse your embroidery collection with results displayed in CIM's Browser View. Go here: http://macemb.com/ to see CIM in action. You can purchase there as well!
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"

eve1m

Post by eve1m » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Why do some have folders that "PEEK OPEN?" how do i get that to work???? :?: :?: :?:

eve1m

Post by eve1m » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 am

Doesn't thumbnailer give you the ability to SEE your designs? I have thumb nailer but its not different than when I didn't have it. I still have to open all the folders to see what I have. How does THUMBNAILER help me now that I purchased it????

eve1m

Post by eve1m » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:44 pm

we have to buy convert it mac AND thumbnailer?????? why doesn't thumbnailer let us see inside our folder without opening each one of them?? (like windows???) ;)

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:57 pm

If you have CIM, you don't need to buy Thumbnailer, as it comes with it. You can use your CIM serial number to activate Thumbnailer.

Thumbnailer creates the icons your Mac is showing you in Finder. You 'see' designs in your Mac because you have Thumbnailer running.

As to the views, it's a Mac. It is not Windows. They're different. Some argue that's the whole point.
You might try experimenting with Finder's views to see if there's something you like better.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

eve1m

Post by eve1m » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:09 pm

its not different views i need. I like the icons. but I use "folders and sub-folders" to Organize my files or to contain several sizes and formats of one design. I cannot view these many folders unless i click each one open. so I'm still trying to LOCATE "WHERE IS THAT DESIGN????" I think is misleading to not say how this feature does not work for Mac unless you have windows.

No I do not have convert it mac.
i have thumb nailer and really fooled me thinking I would not have to search for lost files.