Doesn't work even with Full Disk Access

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
Kathy T
Re: Doesn't work even with Full Disk Access

Post by Kathy T » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:03 am

Add me to the list; however, it was working with Catalina on my old 2013 Macbook but I just upgraded to a new Macbook Pro 16" with Catalina and it does not work. My husband has done all the things listed here that others have done but no success.

I also don't care whose problem it is, I just want it to work.

warmfuzzbaby

Post by warmfuzzbaby » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:14 am

I also have the 16 inch MacBook Pro and it is not working for me either. Tried all the suggestions and still nothing.

Kathy T

Post by Kathy T » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:17 am

Do the people who have gotten it to work have FileVault enabled? That appears to be a new option. My husband has tried it off and on seeing if that was the issue, but neither setting worked. Has it worked for others?

SNielsen3

Post by SNielsen3 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:24 pm

Has this been fixed yet. I don’t see any new news from the Embrilliance folks.

I have all Embrilliance modules available, and use a 2017 Mac Air for my embroidery computer. I also have a regular Mac Desktop on my desk for other regular computer stuff. This problem is on both systems. Both systems were upgraded to Catalina, and latest updates are installed.

I have done all suggested fixes, and still the yellow box with sewing needle in it.

Fortunately, this software is just to help with my sewing and quilting hobbies and not for a job.

I was able to use a New 2019 Macbook Pro for a bit, but it has gone off to college with my son.

Steve
:cry:

mines2016

Post by mines2016 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:56 pm

I followed all instructions, but it doesn't work even with full disk access.

dcdietrich

Post by dcdietrich » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:33 pm

I am having the same problem. Just purchased the new Mac Book Pro 16" and Thumbnailer doesn't work and tried everything that has been mentioned to try. I however did notice that my older MacBook Pro (which is running Catalina also) says version 1.161 and what I just downloaded to the new computer says version 1.l62. Could this be the difference?

Nan W

Post by Nan W » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:44 am

So is there still no resolution to this issue? My brand new MacBookPro with Catalina will not show thumbnails either. Have done all the aforementioned "fixes".

Nona

Post by Nona » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Ditto here...will be calling Apple support again soon. Having issues on iMac with their updates and other scanning problems so have turned off updates until they can keep up with software (that I use) compatibility. :( Thank goodness I haven't updated MacBook Pro and can still use it!

katyfitz

Post by katyfitz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 pm

I called Apple Care today and they could not help me. All that I can do is go back to Mojave, but I ran the update on Christmas Day and will lose all work since then and this is the only computer I use so all of my work and home stuff is on it. I am very frustrated. Embrilliance says it is an Apple problem and Apple says it is Embrilliance’s problem. And here I am stuck in the middle and have just spent almost $500 to upgrade to Stitch Artist 2 and 3 and cannot use them. I am a very unhappy Embrilliance customer right now and there is not any way to call and actually get someone to help me. Putting in a ticket did not help.

Nona

Post by Nona » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:06 am

I called Apple again, to no avail...however, I was better prepared to discuss the issue after doing a little research and getting some tips from someone a bit more computer literate than myself. What I DID accomplish was speaking to a couple of different levels of Apple ITs who said they'd make notes and try to bump it up to the developers...maybe the barking dog will get the bone! They said that if you go to Apple.com/feedback and post a comment (ie:complaint) that no reply would be sent, but that the programmers/developers DO read them and take them into consideration...SO, what I suggest, and will do, is for any and everyone having this issue to go there and discuss the problem and ask them to make it a priority...I might even send a note every couple of days...maybe it'll get noticed. I also reminded them (I took my time and theirs to have loooong discussions, as at my age, I've found this to be annoying for tech support, but noticeable) that Apple should be better armed to prepare customers for upgrade problems (I've also taken all of Apple devices OFF auto upgrade) with software, and that, while their technology advances in some areas, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I ended by requesting that they reach out to Embrilliance developers soon and get this resolved, as an increasing number of customers are affected. Praying for solution!