Double Clicking on Design in Thumbnailer

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
badcompany59

Double Clicking on Design in Thumbnailer

Post by badcompany59 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:47 pm

I recently purchased thumbnailer and essentials. If I understand the older post, if I double click on a design in thumbnailer, it will open in essentials?? Mine does not. Is there something that I have not done? I have win 7 prof, 32 bit. Pardon my dummies for computers question, but is thumbnailers only going to have this particular function is I have a 64 bit computer? Some of my designs are a little slow to generate, but it only takes a few seconds for them to appear. Not all do this. I'm used to a program where I could double click on the design in the iconizer (thumbnails), and it would automatically open in my editing program. Thanks. Kim

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Double Clicking on Design in Thumbnailer

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue May 07, 2013 8:58 am

Thumbnailer is actually a plug in for Windows Explorer/Apple Finder which is what handles all of the open settings for the various formats. Once you set up the control panel on what formats you want to view in Windows Explorer/Apple Finder, you are no longer "in" Thumbnailer. You view the designs as pictures in Explorer/Finder and the double clicking to open the design is done here as well.

For step by step instructions on how to setup your file associations in your operating system, I would suggest contacting Microsoft/Apple. There are also many resources to finding this information on the internet. You can go to Google or Bing and search for "how to setup file associations in XXX" where XXX is the operating system you are running.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

badcompany59

Post by badcompany59 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Well, this is what confused me. I have all marked in the association in thumbnailer. I had previously used the Iconizer by S&S Computing (Sew What Pro), same type viewing program, but different vendor. The graphics just weren't there, and I kept having to hit cntrlF5 to refresh. Got to where it wouldn't help after a while. When I double clicked on the design and it opened in the editing program, it was fine, just not a good view. I understand how the viewer works, I just can't get the design to open in essentials when I double click. I guess I didn't realize that would be a microsoft problem. I figured I had something wrong.

Also, is there any way to turn off the 3D view in the viewer? I guess that would be a microsoft issue as well??? LOL, not being snippy, but just a honest to goodness question. kim

badcompany59

Post by badcompany59 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Ok, I messed with this for quite a while tonight. Really confused.......I changed the file association on the OS to Embrilliance, but when I do that, then the pictures of my designs go to a embrillance logo for the most part. All my designs are PES. When I reset in thumbnailer, it drops the association, then I can see the picutres of the designs again. Is this all I'm going to get with this. When I associate the designs to embrilliance, I can double click on the design, and it does open in the editing system.

What am I not doing right?? I feel like I'm missing something to get both to work. Again, I have PC Win 7 Professional, 32 bit. When I go in to default programs and make the change under Associate a file type or protocol with a program, I'm selecting PES and then clicking on change program since it shows unknown program. Embrilliance/essentials is not in the list so I go to browse, then under program files I click on Briton Leap, then click on the folder embrilliance, then click on embrilliance in file name and click on open, and it puts the selection in the choices to open files with. That changes the PES files to show Embroidery system, and of course now that I have typed all of this out it works - OMG what a day. I'll leave this post for anyone else who has a crazy day like I've had and can't get this silly thing to work until you type a whole page on it - geezzzzz!! thanks. kim

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 am

Did you fill out a tech support request using the link under Contact Us? I know you are posting a lot of information here. In order to have the software engineers explain or help with technical issues directly, click on the Contact Us link and fill out the support request form. Be sure to include the operating system and version of Thumbnailer you are running (click on the About button in the Control Panel).
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

badcompany59

Post by badcompany59 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:33 pm

No, I have not as of yet. I thought I had it last night, but when I went in this morning it kept the change I made in the default programs, but when I double clicked on the pictures, most would not open in the editing system. A couple did, so I think there's something I'm missing. I will send a ticket on this today. Maybe I can work on tomorrow. I'll be home tomorrow. thanks. kim

badcompany59

Post by badcompany59 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Well Lisa, I guess this was my embrilliance duh moment. I realized that I cannot have the editing program open when I double click on my designs. If the program is closed when I double click on the designs, they all open. Feel kind of silly, but I didn't realize that would be an issue. I'm good now. Like I said, I figured it was something I was doing, but I thought it was in the set up, not my process - LOL. Live and Learn :lol:

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Thu May 09, 2013 9:37 am

I'm not an expert in how Windows does things, but I think its because in Essentials you can have multiple files open in the program - the tabs at the top of the pane. Windows doesn't know how to open a new tab, it wants to open a program. At least that is the only thing that makes sense to me! Thanks for letting us know what solved your problem!

Lisa