Is the thumbnailer just a viewing program?

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
sewinggal

Is the thumbnailer just a viewing program?

Post by sewinggal » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Is the thumbnailer program just used to view designs and if I want to convert designs I would need to get the essentials? Can I see the designs in the essentials too or do I need both programs to view and convert?

Thanks
Lisa

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is the thumbnailer just a viewing program?

Post by Admin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Short answer: Yes.
Thumbnailer allows you to view your designs in a regular Windows Explorer or Mac Finder. This is really useful, and requires no learning curve. But it does not convert designs.

If you want to do more, we have a couple other programs:
Mac:
  • If you have a Mac, then Convert It, Mac is a great product which not only views and does conversion, but it also makes files and folders on disks and USB sticks that are compatible with embroidery machines. It is the best conversion program for Mac, and the easiest to use if that's what you are after. If you are familiar with any of the PC cataloging programs like Designer's Gallery Studio, this is similar, but for a Mac.
    To learn more about Convert It, Mac, please visit the MacEmb.com website.
Mac and Windows:
  • Essentials will allow you to browse files in all formats and in ZIPs and you can do conversion, but one design at a time.
    You accomplish that by merging the design to the page you are working on and then save the design as whatever stitch type you need.

Essentials is named that because it also does sizing, lettering and all the essential tasks for embroidery. And it runs on Windows and Mac.
    Take a look at the products in their respective pages. Click 'Home' on the menu above to get out of this forum. Then you'll see the products listed on the left side of the screen. You can click into them individually to get an idea of the features.

You can also go to the downloads page and view the PDF and online Help for Essentials.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"