Can you print a catalog of designs??

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
camellia
Can you print a catalog of designs??

Post by camellia » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Can you print a catalog of designs using Thumbnailer?

Mac

Re: Can you print a catalog of designs??

Post by Mac » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:08 am

The Embrilliance Thumbnailer works in conjunction with Windows and OS X to create thumbnails / icons / little pictures representing the contents of embroidery files that are encountered while browsing folders with Windows Explorer on Windows and the Finder on Mac.

Embrilliance Thumbnailer has no other functionality.
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"

Skipper

Post by Skipper » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:43 am

Not sure what the answer is! Is there a "Print Catalog" function within Thumbnailer or do you have to somehow select all the thumbnails, format the thumbnails into print pages and print them. The only reason I would want the software would be to automatically print a thumbnail catalog.

kurtsanders

Post by kurtsanders » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:41 pm

What was the answer for this "Print catalog" question? My wife would really like to have her 3 ring binder available when she is not home with her laptop. If this is possible with the Mac OS, please point me in the right direction.

Features:
- Select a top level directory and have all the files in that top level directory and subdirectories print in a PDF catalog like the attachment below.
- Specify whether a full path is printed below each icon
- Specify the size of the icons
- Specify the number of icons per page

Thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 7.34.31 PM.jpg
Print Catalog Example
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 7.34.31 PM.jpg (168.26KiB)Viewed 10045 times

JulioF

Post by JulioF » Sun May 31, 2015 9:57 am

There seems to be some confusion about what this Thumbnailer software does.

1. It installs a program that you have no control over.
2. There is no Thumbnailer "Window" to open.
3. It works by interacting with your operating system, Windows or Mac, and your operating system's File Explorer (Win) or Finder (Mac).
4. All it does, and this can be quite handy, is make the various embroidery file types (.PES, .PCS, .DST, .SEW. etc) visible as icons.
5. Without this software, your computer will not be able to display the file's pattern as an icon - and you'll have no visual confirmation of what those files contain.
6. If you want to print out pages of these icons, you are then within the realm of Windows or Mac and their File Explorer or Finder. It has nothing to do with Thumbnailer.
7. It is no different than if you navigated to a folder containing hundreds of .JPG files, and choose to view "thumbnails" or "filmstrip". You see icons containing the images!
8. How would you print a catalog of your .JPG files? Do you have software that does this? Give it a try.
9. What I would do (on my Windows machine) is to bring up a page of thumbnails, press <alt> Print Screen, and then open WORD or my favorite graphics editor and PASTE that image of all the visible thumbnails into a document or as an image of images.
10. Then I'd go back to the window containing the list of files (with their icons), slide the bar downward to display the icons I have not yet seen, and go back to Step 9 above. Do this until all are captured, and may then be saved into a file or files and printed.

Enjoy!

JulioF

Post by JulioF » Sun May 31, 2015 10:02 am

And before someone corrects me, in 2 above, yes there is a Thumbnailer window, whose only function is to choose which embroidery file types will be processed and shown as icons.

Have a nice day!