transfering fonts from one computer to the other

The Sewing Room

transfering fonts from one computer to the other

Post by The Sewing Room » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 pm

I have the AlphaTricks along with Embrilliance software. I use PC with the software. I bought a new PC and want to transfer my fonts into AlphaTricks. Is there any way to do this all at once. Can I download them on a thumb drive and the put them into the new computer. I know some of them were free fonts that I'm not even sure where I got them and also a lot of the older ones I had to map them by hand as they were not in the BX format-which I love, and usually will not purchase unless they are in the bx format. If any one can help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

EastWitch2

Re: transfering fonts from one computer to the other

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:17 am

Hi The Sewing Room

Please Read Brian's post on the link below on how to go about copying and transferring your Mapped fonts onto another computer.

http://embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =22&t=1327

Once you find the fonts on your computer that you want to transfer please make sure to follow Brian's Advice below about moving both files of each font.

Brian's Quote:
"Once you get to the location of the font files, you need to find the files with the name of the font you want to move or remove. Each font has two files so be sure to remove both the BF and the LF file. If you have multiple versions of the same font, each one will have its unique name so please double check."

EastWitch2

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:05 pm

Brian or EastWitch2, Thanks for the quick reply. I found my folders with the files. Do I put them on a thumb drive and transfer that way and also Brian you made some comment about multiple versions of the same font, I have a couple of these, but they both seem to have the same name and not a unique name as you said--also do they go right into AlphaTricks or do I have to download them again into AlphaTricks. And one last questions--If I should happen to download one that is already on the new computer, will it download it again. Thanks as always for your help.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi Sewing Room!

This is how I interpret Brian's Directions for transferring the fonts to another computer.
You would copy both the BF and LF files for each Font onto a Thumb Drive that you want to move over to your other computer.
Then on the other computerthat you are tranferring them to you would have to locate the same Font Folder on a Windows Computer or Mac computer following the directions below and then do a copy and paste to put the fonts into your Alpha Tricks and/or Essentials programs.

--------------------------------
"On Windows, open your Documents Folder. In this folder look for a folder name Embrilliance. In this folder locate a folder named Fonts. In this folder locate a folder named Imported. The font files are here:
\Documents\Your user name\Embrilliance\Fonts\Imported

--------------------------------
On Mac use Finder and from the Go menu at the top of the screen, choose Go to Folder. You will need to type in the following path:
~/Library/Containers/com.britonleap.Embrilliance/Data/Library/Application Support/Embrilliance/Fonts/Impor
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have an example of a Font name that you have multiple versions of that you can post here to give us an ideas of what you are talking about?

Usually when you have a Font that has multiple versions the different versions are usually different sizes of the same font. The letters of the actual font may include a size in inches or mm. or have small , medium or large with the name of the letters.

And I know there are some BX Fonts that can be purchased that include different versions or styles of the some of the font letters which makes mapping them hard and perhaps makes moving them over to another computer hard too!

You could try to rename each version while you have them on your initial computer before moving them over to another. You can rename fonts easily right in Alpha Tricks.
Here is a link to Lisa's post about naming Fonts in Alpha Tricks.
http://embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=401

And here is a link on how to change a Font Name in Alpha Tricks make sure to read all the posts for this link.
http://embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=814

If your really stuck with moving the multiple versions of a font then contact the Embrillaince Support Team by using the link below to an Open Support Ticket that you can fill out and submit to them.

http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php

Hope this helps you!
EastWitch2

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:07 pm

yes it did. I think the fonts with same name are different sizes that I should name the size to be able to figure out the difference. I know how to change the font name. If I were to purchase stitch artist I do the fonts follow that program already installed or will they have to be restalled. I admit I haven't watched all of Brian's You Tube videos, which are very good by the way. Probably could find some of the answers there.thanks