hoop and background color buttons

If you want to request features, this is where you do it.
MacStitch
hoop and background color buttons

Post by MacStitch » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:49 am

While I do not like a cluttered interface (and Essentials definitely is anything but), I think that the addition of a couple of buttons would do no damage. I use the hoop rotation and background color all the time and don't think that either is really a 'preference' but more of a button like flipping a design or rotating, etc. I would like to click to rotate the hoop and click to open the window to choose background color. And, in the preferences, I'd like to be able to choose the preferred thread brand so that I do not have to click 'preferred' each time I open a new design.

And, as long as I am dreaming, I'd like for the thread coloring window to stay open while changing multiple colors. That is, a click on a color would instantly recolor the design with the thread brand window staying open - multiple color choices could be viewed for the same part of the design. Then a new object or color could be selected from the design and a new color selected from the thread brand window, etc, until the design is complete. It takes many clicks to open the window, resize it to view more colors, choose color, and click ok to see the results only to reopen the window, resize it, choose again and close the window in order to see the results.

I love the program and am really enjoying its features. Keep up the good work.
Betty

MacStitch

Re: hoop and background color buttons

Post by MacStitch » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:31 am

I just reread the previous reply to preferred thread and that makes sense. However, most of my designs come from Embroidery Library and the colors come in awful unless the text file that they include can be read. My request then is that the program gives the option of reading the text file for each design. That would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Betty

Admin
Site Admin

Re: hoop and background color buttons

Post by Admin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Some of your wishes are granted:
"I would like to click to rotate the hoop"
double click the hoop size on the status bar

"click to open the window to choose background color"
Click on preferences, then grid. There you set the background color and can store custom ones.

"I'd like to be able to choose the preferred thread brand so that I do not have to click 'preferred' each time I open a new design."
This is done as a courtesy to the digitizers, who have asked us not to do that.

"And, as long as I am dreaming, I'd like for the thread coloring window to stay open while changing multiple colors."
Implemented in version 1.105 and above
-b

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"